Attorney George Kounoupis on American Law Journal Television as a nationally recognized employment law attorney.
Attorney Kounoupis with Gerry Spence, who has had more multimillion-dollar verdicts without an intervening loss than any other lawyer in the United States.
Employment Law is one of the most highly specialized and regulated legal fields. To review our "Published Cases", "Settlements, Judgments & Verdicts", "Memberships & Affiliations" or "Firm in the News"
- 60 + Years Combined Experience in Employment Law.
- Hundreds of referring attorney and law firms recognize us as the premier workers' rights law firm in the Lehigh Valley.
- Thousands of employment law cases handled and a record of success in litigating employment law cases.
- We are Trial lawyers who have taken on over 300 Fortune 500 companies in employment law cases.
- Published settlements, cases and awards, and publications which establish attorneys at the top in the employment law field.
- At the forefront of educating and teaching about employment law.
- Dedicated to fairness in the workplace.
- Currently, Mr. Kounoupis is on a Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Greece, under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Justice, to revise the Greek Civil litigation code and Court system.
- Mr. Kounoupis is leading the formation of an ABA Chapter in Athens.
These are the areas we aggressively work in and litigate to protect employee rights.
- Wrongful Termination
- Family & Medical Leave
- Fraud & Misrepresentation
- Employment Contracts
- Severance Agreements
- Restrictive Covenant
- Equal Pay
- National Origin
- Motherhood and caregiver discrimination
- Unemployment Compensation
- Unions & Labor Issues
- Municipal & Public Employee Matters
- Fraternal Order of Police - police officers and law enforcement officers workplace rights
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes - including minority shareholder rights
Recently In The News:
- The firm was listed in SuperLawyers Magazine as "one of the top Employment Law Firms in the Nation".
- New Pennsylvania law was made in the firm's victory before the Pennsylvania Superior Court, in the case of Henriques v. Pacesetter (Pennsylvania Superior Court, 2007). For the first time under Pennsylvania law a Pennsylvania appellate court applied a new causation standard to PHRA retaliation law.
- The firm recently successfully concluded contract negotiations on behalf of Bethlehem Police FOP Lodge- resulting in the highest raises ever for the 250 plus members of that police department.
- The firm obtained a verdict of $106,000 in a race discrimination case.
- Firm obtained a $145,000 verdict in an age discrimination case.
- David L. Deratzian of the firm was named a "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer" in employment law. He joins George S. Kounoupis, who was named a "Pennsylvania Super Lawyer" in 2006.
- Mr. Kounoupis was admitted to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum- representing the top trial lawyers in the United States.
- Mr. Kounoupis will be featured in the COMCAST, nationally syndicated National Law Journal television show- as one of the pre-eminent Plaintiff employment attorneys in Pennsylvania.
- Mr. Kounoupis has been quoted by General Counsel Magazine and Pennsylvania Law Weekly on current employment law issues.
- Mr. Kounoupis and Mr. Deratzian were both admitted to the United States Supreme Court for a pending Writ of Certiorari in an employment matter.
- Mr. Kounoupis is a founding member of the Third Circuit Federal Bar Association.
- The firm represented Netcracker, a major multinational corporate company, in complex international employment and consulting agreements.
- Mr. Kounoupis was renewed as co-chairman of the Northampton county Bar Association Employment law committee.
- Mr. Kounoupis and the firm are on the EEOC's Attorney Referral List comprised of employment attorney's to whom the EEOC regularly refers cases.
- Mr. Kounoupis and Mr. Deratzian were recently named Fellows of the Litigation Counsel of America, Trial Lawyer Honorary Society. Mr. Kounoupis also serves as an honorary member of the Litigation Counsel of America's International Law Committee.
- Mr. Kounoupis recently appeared in a round-table discussion on employment law published in General Counsel Magazine, as the sole Plaintiff's lawyer in a distinguished panel of pre-eminent defense counsel.
- The firm recently received a ruling before the 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals in Schaar v. Lehigh Valley Health Services, Inc. et al., which potentially changed the proof required for an FMLA violation.
- Mr. Kounoupis was recently appointed by the American Bar Association as Liaison/"Ambassador" to the Greek Bar Association.
- The firm has represented in 2010 alone, several CEOs; top surgeons and directors of medical practices and hospitals; top attorneys; top professors at major universities; human resources directors of companies and major corporations; top officers in banking and insurance companies – in their severance negotiations and/or employment law cases. This continues a tradition of representing a "who's who" in the Lehigh Valley when it comes to their personal employment law matters. The firm is widely known as the "lawyers' lawyers" when it comes to employment law.
- SuperLawyers Magazine, in their nationally published General Counsel edition, recently listed Hahalis & Kounoupis as one of the top employment law firms in the nation.
- Mr. Kounoupis has been involved in numerous high profile cases in national and international litigation including:
- Taking a high tech company published on NASDAQ, as General Counsel.
- Representing the heirs of the world second highest in the Greek Orthodox Cleric (Patriarch of Alexandria) in litigation against Boeing in Federal Court.
- Successfully representing a CEO of global international litigation, resulting in a high six figure settlement.
- Representing a major award winning celebrity in complex international estate planning litigation
According to FINDLAW'S THOMPSONS Legal Search, our firm is the most experienced employee rights law firm (in terms of record filed employment cases) in the local Federal Court of the Eastern District and before the local Federal Judges.
2015 Hahalis & Kounoupis, A Professional Corporation, All Rights Reserved. The information contained in this website is intended to convey general information about Hahalis & Kounoupis, A Professional Corporation. It should not be construed as legal advise or opinion. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Any email sent via the internet to Hahalis & Kounoupis, A Professional Corporation using the e-mail address listed in this website would not be confidential and would not create an attorney-client relationship.